I. IELTS SPEAKING PART 1 SAMPLE ANSWER TOPIC MUSIC
1. Do you like listening to music?
Yes, of course, I’ve always been a big fan of music since I was a little girl. I’m really into going to a lot of music festival such as Thơm which was held in Saigon at Hoa Lư stadium. Sometimes I alsolisten to music before sleeping at night for one hour and when I am riding my motorbike, which will both help me relax and feel more energetic when I hear the tune.
2. What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
For me, I am interested in the traditional instrumental music, like pianos and guitars. It is an impressive combination that can give you a both nostalgic and modern feelings. Normally on rainy days, opening acoustics songs and sing along to my favorite Vũ hits, have a cuppa and let my hair down, music will do the rest.
3. Do you play any kinds of musical instruments?
Due to my total lack of rhythm and the fact that I am tone deaf, I would not even consider embarrassing myself with any attempt to play a musical instrument. On a related subject, on the rare occasion that I attempt to sing a hymn in church, along with everyone else.
- Lack of rhythm /læk/ /əv/ /ˈrɪð.əm/ : không cảm thụ được giai điệu
- Tone-deaf /ˌtəʊnˈdef/: điếc giai điệu không thể nhận ra các nốt nhạc khác nhau hoặc hát các giai điệu một cách chính xác.
- Embarrassing /ɪmˈbær.ə.sɪŋ/ : Cảm thấy xấu hổ
- Attempt /əˈtempt/ : Cố gắng làm điều gì đó.
- Occasion /əˈkeɪ.ʒən/: dịp đặc biệt.
4. How do you feel when you listen to this music?
Listening to music makes me feel at peace when I need to relax. Certain types of music, like Lofi, also help me concentrate when I’m working. I need to listen to upbeat music while exercising as well. It pumps me up and motivates me to push through a hard workout.
5. What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
My music taste varies widely from West to East and from the 90s to modern EDM. But if Korean pop is considered as a kind of music, then yeah, that’s my favorite of all time. More than half of my playlists are Korean songs and I always keep myself updated with the news related to Korean showbiz.
6. How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
As I’ve mentioned I prefer working in silence. To put it simply, no music is allowed during my working hours. After a long day at school, I probably want to pump myself up for like half an hour with music to help me stay energetic so I can get back to work later.
7. Do you like any foreign celebrities?
Absolutely. The person that I have had a soft spot for is Miley Cyrus. I guess most people at the same age as me grew up with Disney Channel and among its successful series, Hannah Montanah starring Miley Cyrus would always be on top of my list. Although now she’s grown up, I’m still a big fan of her amazing voice and highly inspiring songs.
8. Would you like to become a widely-known celebrity? Why?
Well though I’ve never thought about it, I’m pretty sure that rising to stardom would never be one of my life goals. I appreciate all the efforts that celebrities, no matter which field they’re working on, are making every single day. However, I find myself not belong to that world, I mean, you never know what’s going on when the curtains close, right? So yeah, I don’t think I want to become a global superstar, to be honest.
Các cụm từ cần ghi nhớ
- keep oneself updated with: bắt kịp với xu hướng gì
- pump sb up: làm cho ai vui lên
- have a soft spot for: thích cái gì
- stardom(n): sự nổi tiếng
II. IELTS SPEAKING PART 2 TOPIC MUSIC
Describe a song that you like.
You should say about:
– What its name is;
– What kind of music it is;
– Where/ When you first heard it;
– And explain why you like it.
Answer: Honestly, I am a huge fan of music and definitely I spend most of my free time listening to pop music in particular. Today I would like to tell you about my all-time favorite song, whose name is “Yesterday once more” by the international acclaimed band: The Carpenters.
Reason: I first heard this song on the radio in a bookshop when I was just 15 years old. First, what I like most about this song is that it has a simple but meaningful flow.
Example: The song’s genre is pop, and the rhythm is slow and the singer’s voice and the melody make a perfect combination. In addition, it has nostalgic lyrics, which brings back good memory from the past, for example when I was at high school having fun with my friends or when I spent good time with my family during trips.
Reason: Second, the very sweet melody of this song helps me recharge my battery after stressful lessons at work. Actually I am hooked every time I heard this because it is also a childhood memory.
Example: I grew up singing and listening to The Carpenters’ songs and to me, “Yesterday once more” is the best song on Earth. Listening to the song while having a bath or cooking after work is a very relaxing experience. I feel that I can let my hair down and get rid of all the stress or burden.
The song will forever be among my most favorite ones and I am sure to put it on repeat many more times!
• All-time favorite song (n) bài hát ưa thích mọi thời đại
• International acclaimed band (n) nhóm nhạc nổi tiếng trên toàn thế giới world-famous band (n)
• Genre (n) /ˈʒɑːn.rə/: thể loại
• Nostalgic (adj) /nɑˈstæl•dʒɪk/: hoài cổ
• Hooked (adj) /hʊkt/: phấn khích
• Childhood memory (n) /ˈtʃaɪld.hʊd ˈmem.ər.i /: ký ức tuổi thơ
• A huge fan of : Là một fan hâm mộ cuồng nhiệt của
I am a huge fan of movies so I often spend most of my free time watching famous films such as “The Great Gatsby”.
• Get rid of : bỏ, rũ bỏ
I think I should get rid of some bad habits such as staying up late or eating junk food on a regular basis.
• Put it on repeat: tua đi tua lại
My elder sister likes the song “Hello” by Adele so much that she usually puts it on repeat.
• Bring back good memory: nhắc lại ký ức đẹp đẽ
Whenever I go to Thu Le park, it often brings back good memory when I was just 4 or 5, I was often taken to the park by my parents.
• Grow up + Ving: lớn lên cùng những cái gì
The actor Leonardo DiCaprio has a great influence on me as I grew up watching his movies.
• Recharge my battery: hồi sức/ thêm năng lượng để làm gì
Taking photographs of little things in my house helps me recharge my battery after stressful hours at work.
• To let one’s hair down: giải trí, thư giãn
Going to eat street food on the weekend is one of the best ways to let my hair down after a long week.
1. Từ vựng liên quan
– Catchy tune: Giai điệu lôi cuốn
E.g: I heard a catchy song the other day and now it’s stuck in my head. ( Tôi đã nghe một điệu nhạc vào một ngày khác và bây giờ thì nó cứ mắc kẹt trong đầu tôi)
– Elevator music: Nhạc được chơi ở siêu thị, thang máy…thường lặp đi lặp lại, gây phiền nhiễu
E.g: Yesterday I heard a very annoying elevator music in the local supermarket. ( Ngày hôm qua, Tôi đã nghe một điệu nhạc rất khó chịu ở siêu thị địa phương)
– Live music: Nhạc trực tiếp, không phải thu âm
E.g: I prefer listening to a live music than to a recording. It’s much more emotional and energetic. ( Tôi thích nghe nhạc sống hơn là thu âm. Nó có nhiều cảm xúc và năng lượng)
– Music to one’s ears: Âm nhạc rót vào tai, ý bảo nghe dễ chịu
E.g: When my teacher told me that I got the highest mark in the class for the assignment, it was like music to my ears. (Khi thầy giáo nói với tôi rằng tôi đã đạt điểm cao, nó giống như âm nhạc rót vào tai, dễ chịu)
– Opera: Nhạc opera. Đây là kiểu biểu diễn mà người ca sĩ, diễn viên hát kiểu âm thanh cao trên sân khấu riêng với dàn nhạc xung quanh.
E.g: I often listen to classical music and go to opera. (Tôi thường nghe nhạc cổ điển và đến sân khấu opera)
– Ringtone: Nhạc chuông, Âm thanh vang lên khi ai đó gọi tới
E.g: I set my favourite song as a ringtone on my cell phone. ( Tôi đặt bài hát yêu thích làm nhạc chuông của tôi)
– Rock band: Ban nhạc rock
E.g: Last week I was on my favourite rock band’s concert. ( Tuần trước, tôi đã đến buổi hòa nhạc của ban nhạc rock yêu thích của tôi)
– Tone deaf: Không phân biệt được giai điệu
E.g: Alhough I’m tone deaf, I’d like to learn to sing properly in the future. ( Mặc dù tôi không phân biệt được giai điệu, tôi muốn học hát đúng cách trong tương lai)
– Tuneful: Êm tai
E.g: I heard a tuneful choir of birds yesterday morning. ( Tôi đã nghe thấy một hợp xướng êm tai từ những chú chim sáng hôm qua)
Một số từ khác:
– Relaxing: Thư giãn
– Leisure: Thời gian rảnh rỗi
– Mood savor: Tâm trạng
– Revitalize: Mang lại cuộc sống mới, năng lượng thành công…cho điều gì
– All types: Tất cả các thể loại nhạc
– Music genre: Thể loại nhạc
– Classical, country music, pop music, love music: Nhạc cổ điển, nhạc đồng quê, nhạc pop, nhạc trữ tình
– Touches my heart: Chạm đến trái tim
– Excitement: Trạng thái xúc động hoặc cảm xúc mạnh
– Rhythm: Nhịp điệu
– Harmony: Sự hòa âm, sự hài hòa
– Seductive melody: Giai điệu quyến rũ
– Soothing: Dịu dàng
– Passion: Sự say mê
– Nostalgic: Hoài niệm
– Diverse taste: Cảm nhận đa dạng
2. BÀI MẪU SPEAKING PART 1 TOPIC MUSIC
Do you like listening to the music on a regular basis?
Yes, without a doubt. I like different music genres and I listen to various tunes almost every day. I do not like elevator music, thoug. It makes me bored and annoyed
Have you ever been interested in singing?
No, not really. I took singing classes when I was younger, but, unfortunately, I am tone deaf, so I can’t sing very well
Can you say that music is a very important part of your life?
No, I can’t. Although I enjoy music and listen to classical music every now and then, I’m not obsessed with it.
Do you like music?
Yes, of course I like music. I couldn’t live without it. It’s what allows us to escape from reality. Furthermore, it connects people. I think no matter what country, religion, or culture we come from, we all enjoy music.
What kind of music do you like?
Well, this is a bit of a tough question because I have a diverse taste in music, but I’ll say my favorites are modern pop, 90’s alternative, and hip-hop of all ages. I can always sing along to pop songs and I enjoy keeping up with the modern hits. 90’s alternative takes me back to my childhood and makes me feel so nostalgic. Lastly, who can resist moving and shaking when you hear hip-hop beats?
Do you think music will change in the future?
As with all things, I believe music will continue to change in the future. Firstly, I believe it will rely on technology even more than now. I wonder if there will even be like humans playing music then. I could imagine robots playing songs that are programmed into their brains. It’s tough to say!
Nguồn bài mẫu: ielts-up.com